filter by category
Audi’s all-new A4 Avant has officially landed in Australia, bringing with it two variants of the 2.0 TFSI, and a slew of new features and safety innovations. Things like active lane assist, active cruise control, pre-sense city and pre-sense rear are all standard on the new vehicle, helping it to achieve a 5-star ANCAP safety rating. In terms of technology, the ‘Audi tablet’ rear seat entertainment system works with Virtual Cockpit, heads-up display and Audi Connect work to make the midsize a clear standout in its class.
Get all the details below.
- Intelligent versatility combines with sophisticated design
- An unmatched array of innovative safety assistance systems
- A4 Avant debuts the new ‘Audi tablet’ integrated rear seat entertainment solution
Australia – The all-new Audi A4 Avant has arrived in Australia, with a pair of 2.0 TFSI models making up the new range, priced from $63,900 (MLP). The all-new A4 Avant shares the progressive technology, sophisticated quality and sporty driving dynamics of its sibling, the all-new A4 sedan, while affording further versatility.
“The A4 Avant ticks all of the boxes for modern families and those who lead an active lifestyle,” said Andrew Doyle, Managing Director of Audi Australia.
“Not only does the Avant body style offer practical versatility for these types of buyers, but it does so without compromising the stylish design language of the new A4.
“It also offers class-leading progressive technology, which has already made the new A4 sedan such an extraordinary standout. As our newest example, the innovative ‘Audi tablet’ rear seat entertainment system establishes a new benchmark for connected infotainment that satisfies the needs of modern families,” said Mr Doyle.
The A4 Avant offers as much as 80 litres of additional luggage space in comparison with its predecessor, and almost as much boot space as its SUV sibling, the Audi Q5. Respectively, the new A4 Avant and the current Q5 accommodate 505 and 540 litres worth of luggage respectively, or 1510 and 1560 litres with the rear seats folded flat.
All new A4 Avant models come standard with an electric tailgate, activated by a sensor-controlled ‘kick motion’, as well as an electric sliding luggage cover. A myriad of Audi genuine accessories are also available to allow owners to integrate their active lifestyle with their A4 Avant, like a luggage-securing kit, bike racks, a kayak holder and many others.
The all-new Audi A4 has been awarded a 5-star ANCAP safety rating, thanks to an impressive array of standard safety features, many of which are unique in segment. These include:
- Audi pre-sense city with Autonomous Emergency Braking (AEB) and pedestrian detection (up to 85 km/h)
- Exit Warning system
- Cross traffic assist
- Audi side assist blind spot warning system
- Audi pre-sense basic (belt tensioning, window closing and other preventative measures if an emergency is detected)
- Audi pre-sense rear (warns following traffic if they are at risk of running into the rear of the car)
- Parking system plus with rear-view camera
In addition, the following safety features are available in all models, in the Assistance package:
- Audi active lane assist
- Adaptive cruise control with Stop & Go, including Traffic Jam assist and distance indicator
- Turn assist
- Collision avoidance (steering assistant during evasive manoeuvres at speed)
- Audi pre-sense front (collision warning up to 250km/h)
- Predictive efficiency assistant
- High-beam assist
The distinctive new Audi A4 Avant is offered with a pair of TFSI petrol drivetrain options, both teamed with the 7-speed S tronic dual-clutch transmission as standard.
The all-new ultra-efficient 2.0 TFSI engine features a revolutionary combustion method that allows a higher compression ratio, and delivers extraordinary efficiency, sipping just 5.6 L/100km on average. Power is substantial, with 140kW available from 4200-6000rpm and 320Nm of torque from 1450-4200rpm. Accordingly, acceleration is lively, taking just 7.5 seconds to reach 100km/h.
The most powerful 2.0 TFSI model is paired with the latest generation of the legendary Audi quattro all-wheel drive system. With 185kW from 5000-6000rpm and 370Nm from 1600-4500rpm, the quattro system channels the power to the road very effectively, resulting in 0-100km/h acceleration of 6.0 seconds. Combined fuel consumption is 6.6 L/100km.
As with each all-new model generation from Audi, there was a clear focus on the use of lightweight technology throughout the all-new A4, resulting in a weight saving of 70kg. In addition, changes to the new A4’s suspension architecture were engineered to deliver even better driving characteristics, culminating in the introduction of a five-link rear suspension arrangement. Two different types of adaptive suspension are optionally available across the A4 range: comfort and sport. Customers can option either for the same cost: $1,700, or only $1,100 for the quattro models.
In addition to Audi Connect, and its integrated Google Earth navigation capability, the A4 Avant debuts the innovative integrated Audi tablet, which allows rear passengers to use the specially developed Android-compatible device to watch movies or play games. It is also fully integrated into the car’s infotainment system, so it even possible to ‘send’ a navigation destinations to the driver for one-touch approval. The tablets have been carefully engineered so as not to injure passengers in the event of an accident, and also with anti-reflective low-glare properties, so they can be used in all kinds of daylight. A single Audi tablet costs $2,000, with a pair priced at $3,600.
The new Audi A4 Avant also offers customers a generous list of innovative and convenient features. Highlights include:
2.0 TFSI sport
- 18-inch alloy wheels
- LED headlights with adaptive function and dynamic rear indicators
- MMI Navigation plus with 8.3-inch screen, MMI touch, DVD player, 10GB music storage, live traffic and 5 included map updates
- Audi connect
- Audi Smartphone interface (Apple Carplay and Android Auto)
- 7.0-inch high-resolution colour Driver Information Screen
- Sport front seats including electric front seats with electric lumbar support
- Sport steering wheel with shift paddles, leather-appointed seats
- 3-zone climate control, deluxe automatic air-conditioning with rear display
- New Audi Music Interface, with 2 USB connectors
- DAB+ digital radio
- Convenience key with hands-free opening and closing for tailgate
- Auto dimming centre mirror
2.0 TFSI quattro sport (in addition to 2.0 TFSI sport)
- 19-inch Audi Sport alloy wheels
- Sport suspension
- Audi sound system (180w, 10 speakers, with subwoofer)
- Memory driver’s seat
- Folding exterior mirrors, with heating, dimming and memory functions
In addition to the above standard equipment, the following high-value packages offer additional features tailored to individual customer demand.
- Virtual cockpit
- Heads-up display (HUD)
S line sport package –
- 19-inch Audi Sport alloy wheels
- S line exterior package
- S line interior detailing
- Black headlining
- Sport suspension (where not already standard)
- Leather/Alcantara upholstery
- Flat-bottom steering wheel
- Additional colour/trim options