filter by category
- Sales for the month rose 2.7% to 11,850 vehicles
- All-new Audi Q7 has best sales month ever
- Demand for Audi SUV models increased 26.7% for the month
Audi reported that its January 2016 sales increased 2.7% to 11,850 vehicles, the 61st consecutive monthly record as the new Q7 helped stoke demand for Audi SUVs.
After surpassing 200,000 annual sales for the first time, marking a sixth consecutive year of record sales in the U.S., Audi continued that momentum in January. Audi set the previous record for the month, 11,541 deliveries, last year.
Sales of the all-new Audi Q7, Audi’s most technologically advanced vehicle, more than doubled in its first month in the U.S. market. The 2,336 units sold was an all-time monthly sales record for the SUV. Consumer demand for all Audi SUV models bolstered January results, with an increase of 26.7% for the Q3, Q5 and Q7 models combined.
Sales of the A7 and A8 rose 51.6% and 12.7%, respectively, from a year earlier. The A3 Sportback e-tron also performed well in its first full month of sales, with 327 units sold.
“The new dynamic Audi Q7 produced an unprecedented level of demand right at launch,” said Mark Del Rosso, Executive Vice President and Chief Operating Officer, Audi of America. “With benchmark models such as the Q7 and the all-new A4 coming this spring, we believe that our sales momentum will continue unabated this year.”
Audi holds the longest running monthly record sales streak in the premium car market according to a competitive sales report from MotorIntelligence.com.
|AUDI US SNAPSHOT||–MTD–||–YTD–|
|Model Line||Jan ’16 Actual||Jan ’15 Actual||Yr/Yr % change||Jan ’16 YTD Actual||Jan ’15 YTD Actual||Yr/Yr % change|
|Total Audi Sales||11,850||11,541||2.7%||11,850||11,541||2.7%|
|Total CPO Sales||3,367||3,730||-9.7%||3,367||3,730||-9.7%|
– A3 includes A3 Sedan, S3 Sedan, A3 Cabriolet and A3 Sportback.
– A4 includes A4 Sedan and S4 Sedan, but does not include Audi allroad.
– A5 includes A5 Coupe, S5 Coupe, RS 5 Coupe, A5 Cabriolet, S5 Cabriolet and RS 5 Cabriolet.
– A6 includes A6 Sedan and S6 Sedan.
– A7 includes A7 Sedan, S7 Sedan and RS 7 Sedan.
– A8 includes A8 Sedan, A8 L Sedan and S8 Sedan.
– Q5 includes Q5 and SQ5.
– R8 includes R8 Coupe and R8 Spyder.
– TT includes TT Coupe, TTS Coupe and TT Roadster.