filter by category
- Sales for the month rose 2.3% to 11,718 vehicles
- Audi A7 and Q7 models drove strong sales for the month
- All-time best February sales of Audi Certified pre-owned vehicles
Audi reported that its February 2016 sales increased 2.3% to 11,718 vehicles, a total that stands as the brand’s 62nd straight month of record U.S. sales.
Audi achieved its best-ever February sales in the brand’s U.S. history. The previous February record was set in 2015 with sales of 11,455 vehicles. Through the first two months of 2016, Audi U.S. sales rose 2.5% from last year to 23,568 vehicles.
February results were bolstered by sales of the A7 and Q7 models. The A7 posted an 87% increase from last February. Consumer demand for the all-new Audi Q7 remained high, resulting in a 63% increase over last February. Year-to-date sales of this luxury SUV model rose 111% over the same time period in 2015.
“There is robust demand for models at the top end of our lineup, such as the A7 and Q7,” said Mark Del Rosso, Executive Vice President and Chief Operating Officer, Audi of America. “This gives us confidence that our sales momentum will continue with the upcoming launches of the all-new A4 and R8 this spring.”
Audi Certified pre-owned vehicle sales set a new February record, with a 0.4% gain on 3,713 CPO vehicles sold.
Audi holds the longest running monthly record sales streak in the premium car market according to a competitive sales report from MotorIntelligence.com.
|AUDI US SNAPSHOT||–MTD–||–YTD–|
|Model Line||Feb ’16 Actual||Feb ’15 Actual||Yr/Yr % change||Feb ’16 YTD Actual||Feb ’15 YTD Actual||Yr/Yr % change|
|Total Audi Sales||11,718||11,455||2.3%||23,568||22,996||2.5%|
|Total CPO Sales||3,713||3,698||0.4%||7,080||7,428||-4.7%|
– A3 includes A3 Sedan, S3 Sedan, A3 Cabriolet and A3 Sportback.
– A4 includes A4 Sedan and S4 Sedan, but does not include Audi allroad.
– A5 includes A5 Coupe, S5 Coupe, RS 5 Coupe, A5 Cabriolet, S5 Cabriolet and RS 5 Cabriolet.
– A6 includes A6 Sedan and S6 Sedan.
– A7 includes A7 Sedan, S7 Sedan and RS 7 Sedan.
– A8 includes A8 Sedan, A8 L Sedan and S8 Sedan.
– Q5 includes Q5 and SQ5.
– R8 includes R8 Coupe and R8 Spyder.
– TT includes TT Coupe, TTS Coupe and TT Roadster.