filter by category
Audi has announced the 2017 R8 V10 Plus exclusive edition, which comes with all the performance you’d expect from the super car, with the added bonus of the first laser headlights available in the US.
The technology has already appeared on European roads, but US regulations prevented laser headlights from being sold stateside until now.
Each of the R8 V10 Plus exclusives comes with full LED headlights that are supplemented by a laser beam that better illuminates the road ahead.
The headlights contain a laser module that operates with four high intensity laser diodes bundled into a blue laser beam with a wavelength of 450 nanometers. That’s at least as thin as a very skinny person. The beam is then converted into a very bright, white light thanks to a phosphor converter.
The R8 V10 Plus exclusives come in Quantum Grey with the Titanium Black-optic exterior package, 20-inch 10-spoke Y design wheels, a Solar Orange stripe on the Carbon sideblade, and more.
Other features include:
• Full-LED headlights with laser high beam technology
• Steering wheel with Signal Orange 12 o’clock marker
• Audi exclusive Full Leather package in Black/Signal Orange
• Audi exclusive customized illuminated door sills “one of 25”, Carbon matte
• Audi exclusive door sill trim in Leather
• Audi exclusive Alcantara® headliner w/ diamond-stitching
• Audi exclusive rear panel and rear shelf in Alcantara®
• Audi exclusive floor mats
• Audi exclusive luggage compartment trim in Alcantara®
• Audi Beam – R8 logo
Only 25 examples will be available through the Audi exclusive program and it will premiere at the LA Auto Show. The starting MSRP is $229,200.