filter by category
- The first-ever RS 3 Sportback will arrive in Australia in October
- Iconic 2.5-litre 5cyl turbo engine with 270kW/465Nm
- Scorchingly hot pricetag of $78,900 MLP will ensure strong sales
Australia, 13 August 2015 – The exhilarating Audi RS 3 Sportback will finally land ‚wheels down‘ on Australian shores in October 2015, with a pricetag that is as sharp as its prodigous performance.
At just $78,900 MLP, the first-ever RS 3 Sportback to land in Australia will also be the most affordable RS model Audi has ever introduced.
“The new Audi RS 3 Sportback delivers uncompromising performance,” said Andrew Doyle, Managing Director of Audi Australia Pty Ltd.
“With its imposing stance on the road, astonishingly good dynamics and distinctively ‘Audi Sport’ five-cylinder engine, the new RS 3 will undoubtedly make a strong mark on the local hot hatch scene. The sharp pricing and specification we’ve negotiated will ensure that this long-awaited performance model will find the success it deserves in this competitive market,” said Mr Doyle.
The RS 3 Sportback is powered by Audi’s award-winning 2.5 TFSI 5-cylinder engine, developing 270kW and 465Nm. In conjunction with the sporty 7-speed S tronic transmission and special RS-tuned quattro all-wheel drive system, the RS 3 will demolish 100km/h from rest in an incredible 4.3 seconds.
Befitting such a high-end performance model, the new RS 3 Sportback arrives with a generous list of standard equipment. Highlights include:
- LED headlights with LED daytime running lights and LED tail lights
- MMI Navigation plus with MMI touch
- Audi parking system plus: parking assist with rear view camera
- 19-inch alloy wheels in 5-arm rotor design
- ‘RS’ specific front and rear bumpers, side sill trims and diffuser insert
- ‘RS’ tuned sports suspension
- ‘RS’ sports exhaust system with dual oval tailpipes
- ‘RS’ sport front seats with electric lumbar support
- Digital Radio reception (DAB+)
- Audi Music Interface, Bluetooth interface with music streaming
- Dual-zone climate control with digital display and rear air vents
- Leather/Alcantara wrapped multifunction 3-spoke flat-bottom steering wheel with aluminium shift paddles
- Audi Side Assist
- Anti-theft alarm
- Convenience key
(Manufacturer List Pricing [MLP] – excludes dealer delivery and government statutory charges)
RS 3 Sportback 2.5 TFSI quattro S tronic 270kW $78,900
The Audi Group
The Audi Group delivered approximately 1,741,100 cars of the Audi brand to customers in 2014.The company achieved revenue of €53.8 billion and an operating profit of €5.15 billion in 2014. Audi operates globally in more than 100 markets and has production facilities in Ingolstadt and Neckarsulm (Germany), Győr (Hungary), Brussels (Belgium), Bratislava (Slovakia), Martorell (Spain), Kaluga (Russia), Aurangabad (India), Changchun and Foshan (China) as well as Jakarta (Indonesia). The brand with the Four Rings will start producing cars in Curitiba (Brazil) this year and in San José Chiapa (Mexico) in 2016. Wholly owned subsidiaries of AUDI AG include quattro GmbH (Neckarsulm), Automobili Lamborghini S.p.A. (Sant’Agata Bolognese, Italy) and sports motorcycle manufacturer Ducati Motor Holding S.p.A. (Bologna, Italy). The company currently employs approximately 80,000 people worldwide, thereof around 58,000 in Germany. Total investment of about €24 billion is planned from 2015 to 2019 – primarily in new products and sustainable technologies. Audi is committed to its corporate responsibility and has anchored the principle of sustainability for its products and processes in its strategy. The long-term goal is CO2-neutral mobility.