filter by category
- Sales for the month rose 7.5% to 16,827 vehicles
- A3 models achieved best-ever monthly sales since launch
- Demand for SUV models was strong for the month
Audi reported that its April 2015 sales increased 7.5% to 16,827 vehicles, a total that stands as the brand’s 52nd straight month of record U.S. sales.
Audi achieved its best-ever April sales in the brand’s U.S. history. The previous April record was set in 2014 with sales of 15,653 vehicles. Through the first four months of 2015, Audi U.S. sales rose 11.9% from last year to 56,925 vehicles.
“This spring, our dealers continued to show robust sales performance across the Audi product portfolio,” said Mark Del Rosso, Executive Vice President and Chief Operating Officer, Audi of America. “Strong demand in particular for models such as the Audi Q3 and the A3 gives us confidence that we will continue to draw new customers to our brand well into the summer.”
April represented strong demand for Audi luxury SUVs, with a 35.6% increase in sales encompassing the Audi Q3, Q5 and Q7 models. The Q5 posted a 14.2% increase from last year, and the Q7 posted a 10.8% increase from last April.
The A3 model line achieved record sales in April with a 47.6% increase over last year. The most recent month was the best-ever sales month for both the A3 Sedan and the A3 Cabriolet models since their U.S. sales debut in 2014.
Audi Certified pre-owned vehicle sales also set a new record for April, with a 7.3% gain on 3,971 CPO vehicles sold. CPO sales year-to-date increased 9.0%.
Audi holds the longest running monthly record sales streak in the premium car market according to a competitive sales report from MotorIntelligence.com.
April sales numbers
|AUDI US SNAPSHOT||–MTD–||–YTD–|
|Model Line||Apr ’15 Actual||Apr ’14 Actual||Yr/Yr % change||Apr ’15 YTD Actual||Apr ’14 YTD Actual||Yr/Yr % change|
|Total Audi Sales||16,827||15,653||7.5%||56,925||50,881||11.9%|
|Total CPO Sales||3,971||3,702||7.3%||15,280||14,016||9.0%|
– A3 includes A3 Sedan, S3 Sedan and A3 Cabriolet.
– A4 includes A4 Sedan and S4 Sedan, but does not include Audi allroad.
– A5 includes A5 Coupe, S5 Coupe, RS 5 Coupe, A5 Cabriolet, S5 Cabriolet and RS 5 Cabriolet.
– A6 includes A6 Sedan and S6 Sedan.
– A7 includes A7 Sedan, S7 Sedan and RS 7 Sedan.
– A8 includes A8 Sedan, A8 L Sedan and S8 Sedan.
– Q5 includes Q5 and SQ5.
– R8 includes R8 Coupe and R8 Spyder.
– TT includes TT Coupe, TTS Coupe, TT Roadster and TTS Roadster.