- TT-West 2013 Event Registration is Now Open
- AWE Tuning Sponsors Todd Richards, X Games Gold Medalist, Olympic Snowboarder, NBC Announcer
- In Market: Samoa Orange Audi TT S line competition at Audi North Scottsdale
filter by category
Editor’s Note: For TT aficionados, this particular package isn’t exactly new. The setup was launched earlier this year in Germany and in the USA as the TT S line competition. For the British market, Audi UK has opted to call it the ‘Amplified Black Option’ – in essence, one step beyond their Black Edition with black grille and optics.
- TT Coupé and Roadster Black Edition models now available with exclusive Amplified Black package costing £700 on top of Black Edition price
- Highlights include four striking inclusive paint colours, attractive 19-inch ‘Rotor’ alloy wheels and black exterior design touches including TT RS-style fixed rear spoiler
- Amplified Black prices range from £31,365 OTR to £36,360 OTR
The big noise in the Audi TT range this week is the new Amplified Black specification, which is now available as an optional extra for all TT Coupé and Roadster Black Edition models. Combining an even more sporting look with a choice of four striking paint finishes, including the unashamedly bold Samoa Orange, the new option upgrade adds £700 to the price of the equivalent Black Edition model.
The already dark and brooding look of the TT Black Edition is made even more purposeful by the Amplified Black package with its black-finished front lip spoiler, black door mirror housings, black TT RS-style fixed rear spoiler and black 19-inch ‘Rotor’ design alloy wheels. At the rear, a black diffuser insert and black exhaust tailpipes continue the theme.
The four metallic or pearl effect colours Glacier White, Misano Red, Daytona Grey or Samoa Orange are included in the option price, and if the latter is chosen the interior inlays are also finished in this most striking of TT paint options. In all other cases, inlays are in matt brushed aluminium.
Black Edition specification, which is based on the top S line trim level, is already exhaustive. It includes black trimming for the radiator grille surround and number plate holder, tinted rear privacy glass, xenon headlamps with LED daytime running lights, black leather and Alcantara upholstery, a premium BOSE surround sound system, iPod and mobile phone connection and rear acoustic parking.
Two engines are available in conjunction with this distinctive new look – the 2.0-litre TFSI petrol with 211PS linked to either front-wheel-drive or quattro all-wheel-drive and the 2.0-litre TDI with 170PS mated to quattro drive only. OTR prices for Black Edition models including the £700 Amplified Black option package start at £31,365 for the 2.0 TFSI Coupé with six-speed manual gearbox and rise to £36,360 for the 2.0 TFSI quattro Roadster with six-speed S tronic transmission.